Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Employment Authorization Document (EAD)


Applying for an EAD Card

To obtain an EAD card, you must file the following documents with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):
USCIS Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
Two identical color photographs as per the following specifications:
Taken within 30 days of filing the application
Showing three-quarter frontal profile showing the right side of your face, with your right ear visible and with your head bare (unless you are wearing a headdress as required by a religious order of which you are a member)
Has a white background and be no larger than 2 X 2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches
Glossy, un-mounted, un-retouched and printed on thin paper
Note: Lightly print your A# (or your name if you have no A#) on the back of each photo, using a pencil.
Copy of your current passport
Copy of the USCIS Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Document issued to you when you entered the U.S.
Copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your application for
Green Card is pending with the USCIS
Copies of documents which indicate your current status
If you have previously been issued an EAD card, include a legible photocopy, front and back
If you are in F-1 or M-1 status, copies of all your I-20s showing the international student adviser's recommendation for practical training. Also include a copy of the Form I-538, endorsed by the international student adviser
If you are applying for Employment Authorization as a spouse of a J-1 exchange visitor, proof of marriage, copy of your spouse's Form DS-2019, Form I-94 and a written statement that your income will not be used to support the J-1 exchange visitor
If you have applied for adjustment of status, a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your adjustment of status application is pending
If you are an A, G or NATO dependent, include USCIS Form I-566, Interagency Record of individual Requesting Change/Adjustment to or from A or G Status
If you are a spouse of an L-1 intra-company transferee, E-1 treaty trader, or E-2 investor, include evidence of your lawful status (such as your Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Document) and evidence that you are a spouse of the principal visa holder
If you are a K-1 fiancee, file your application within 90 days from the date of entry. Include evidence of your K-1 visa and copies of your passport

H1B Visa 2016 Timeline Template

A Step-by-Step Advice For Successful H1B Filing

Services offered by VisaPro

Our experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for your Employment Authorization Document(EAD) application. Our services include:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances
Confirmation that the EAD is appropriate for you
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your EAD application
Checklist of documents that you need for your EAD application
Accurate preparation of your EAD application
Submission of your EAD application to the proper government agencies
Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview, and what to expect
Online access to your case status
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney
Fast, easy and secure processing through your personal online VisaPro account

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.