Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

P3 Visas

(Artists and Entertainers under Culturally Unique Programs)
The P3 visa is available for foreign nationals coming temporarily to the U.S. to perform, teach, or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group under a commercial or non-commercial program that is culturally unique.


Benefits of the P3 Visa

Your dependents can stay with you as long as you maintain your P3 status. They can also attend school
You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. provided you have a valid visa

Requirements for the P3 Visa

To be eligible for the P3 visa, you must be coming to the U.S. to perform, teach, or coach in a specific field such as a unique or traditional ethnic, cultural, musical, folk, artistic, or theatrical performance or presentation. You must prove that:
You are coming to the U.S. to develop, understand, promote or facilitate a culturally unique art form
You perform essential support services for a P3 artist or entertainer, which cannot be performed by U.S. workers
You have the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience in providing support services to artists and entertainers
You are being sponsored by a cultural, educational, or governmental organization
You have achieved national or international recognition or acclaim in the culturally unique program you shall perform

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Applying for the P3 Visa

You cannot apply for a P3 visa as an individual. A U.S. employer has to sponsor your P3 visa. Your employer must file the USCIS Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker with Form I-129O/P supplement and supporting documentation with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once the USCIS approves the P3 visa petition, you may apply for the P3 visa at an American Consulate overseas.

Peer Group Consultation

Prior to filing the P3 visa petition with the USCIS, your employer must obtain an advisory opinion from an appropriate consulting entity or a labor organization, or show that an appropriate peer group, labor organization or management organization does not exist.
If the position is covered under a union contract, your employer may need to obtain a letter of no-objection signed by an official union representative of the local chapter. The letter must state your name and the name of your employer, along with the name of the labor organization and the name and address of the local chapter. The letter must state that the labor organization has reviewed pertinent information about your position and credentials, and that hiring you will not "adversely affect the wages or working conditions of U.S. workers and that, therefore, it has no objection to you being hired".
1 2 3

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.