Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

P2 Visa

(Artists and Entertainers under Reciprocal Exchange Programs)
The P2 visa is available to artists and entertainment groups, and their support personnel for entering the U.S. to perform under a reciprocal exchange program between the U.S. and the foreign country.


Benefits of the P2 Visa

Your dependents can stay with you as long as you maintain your P2 status. They can also attend school
You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. provided you have a valid visa

Requirements for the P2 Visa

To qualify for a P2 visa, the following requirements must be fulfilled:

Artists and Entertainers

You must be coming to the U.S. to perform as an entertainer or an artist individually or as a member of a group under a reciprocal exchange program with a U.S. based organization. You must prove that:

An exchange program exists between the U.S. organization and the foreign organization
The people involved in the exchange program are of equal caliber, and will be employed in similar conditions for similar periods of time
You are highly experienced and possess skills comparable to those of U.S. entertainers or artists in the reciprocal program
An appropriate labor organization is involved in negotiating the reciprocal exchange program

Essential Support Persons

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) makes P2 visa available also to essential support persons based on the support relationship to P2 entertainers and entertainment groups. To qualify for a P2 support person visa, you must prove that:

You are an integral part of the performance of a P2 artist or entertainer because you perform support services which cannot be performed by U.S. workers, and which is essential to the successful performance of services, and
You have the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience in providing support services to artists and entertainers

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Applying for the P2 Visa

You cannot apply for a P2 visa as an individual. A U.S. employer has to sponsor your P2 visa. Your employer must file USCIS Form I-129, petition for a nonimmigrant worker with O/P supplement and supporting documentation with the USCIS. Once the USCIS approves of the P2 visa petition, you can apply for the P2 visa at an American Consulate overseas.

Peer Group Consultation

Prior to filing the P2 visa petition with the USCIS, your employer must obtain an advisory opinion from an appropriate consulting entity or a labor organization, or show that an appropriate peer group, labor organization or management organization does not exist.
If the position is covered under a union contract, your employer may need to obtain a letter of no-objection signed by an official union representative of the local chapter. The letter must state your name and the name of your employer, along with the name of the labor organization and the name and address of the local chapter. The letter must state that the labor organization has reviewed pertinent information about your position and credentials and that hiring you will not "adversely affect the wages or working conditions of U.S. workers and that, therefore, it has no objection to you being hired".
1 2 3

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.