Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

P1 Visa

(Athletes, Artists and Entertainers)

Artists and Entertainment Groups

Your group's achievements must be recognized internationally, and the group must be coming to the U.S. to perform services that require such recognition.
You must provide evidence of a legal contract with a U.S. employer or agent, and prove that:
The proposed services in the U.S. require an internationally recognized entertainment group
Seventy-five per cent of your group members have had a sustained and substantial relationship with the group for at least one year and provide functions integral to the group's performance
Your group received significant international awards or prizes, or nominations for its outstanding achievements
In addition to the above requirements, your group must offer proof of at least three of the following:
Your group has performed, or will be performing, as a starring or leading entertainment group in events with distinguished reputation
Your group has received international recognition and acclaim for outstanding achievements
Your group has performed and will be performing services as a leading or starring group for organizations or establishments with a distinguished reputation
Your group has had major commercial or critically acclaimed successes
Your group is highly recognized, for its achievements, by organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts
Your group has commanded or will command a high salary or other substantial remuneration comparable to others similarly situated

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Applying for the P1 Visa

You cannot apply for a P1 visa as an individual. A U.S. employer has to sponsor your P1 visa. Your employer must file USCIS Form I-129, petition for nonimmigrant worker with Form I-129O/P supplement and supporting documentation with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once the USCIS approves the P1 visa petition, you may apply for the P1 visa at an American Consulate overseas.

Peer Group Consultation

Prior to filing of the P1 visa petition with the USCIS, your employer must obtain an advisory opinion from an appropriate consulting entity or a labor organization, or show that an appropriate peer group, labor organization or management organization does not exist.
If the position is covered under a union contract, your employer may need to obtain a letter of no-objection signed by an official union representative of the local chapter. The letter must state your name and the name of your employer, along with the name of the labor organization and the name and address of the local chapter. The letter must state that the labor organization has reviewed pertinent information about your position and credentials, and that hiring you will not "adversely affect the wages or working conditions of U.S. workers and that, therefore, it has no objection to you being hired".

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
US Visa for Athletes: B-1, B-2, H-1B, H-2B, O1 Visa and P1 Visa
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.