Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen


Marriage outside the U.S.

If you (the U.S. citizen) have married a foreign citizen outside the U.S., you must file the Form I-130 petition after the marriage to begin the immigration process of Green Card by marriage for the foreign spouse. This can be filed either with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the U.S., or, under certain circumstances, at an American Consulate abroad.

Consular Processing of Immigrant Visa

Once your family based immigration petition is approved, you may apply for consular processing of your immigration visa with an American Consulate in your home country.

K-3 Visa Option

Once you have filed a family based immigrant petition (Form
I-130) on behalf of your spouse, you may file a petition for a K-3 nonimmigrant visa for your spouse to enter the U.S. to await the approval of your Form I-130 petition and subsequent adjustment to lawful permanent resident status.

Top 11 Ways To Get A Green Card

Take the first step towards becoming a U.S. Permanent Resident!


Services offered by VisaPro

Our experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for your Marriage to a US Citizen application.Our services include:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances
Confirmation that the Marriage to a US Citizen is appropriate for you
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your Marriage to a US Citizen application
Checklist of documents that you need for your Marriage to a US Citizen
Accurate preparation of your Marriage to a US Citizen application
Submission of your Marriage to a US Citizen application to the proper government agencies
Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview, and what to expect
Online access to your case status
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney
Fast, easy and secure processing through your personal online VisaPro account

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Can I Get Married On a Tourist Visa to a US Citizen?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.