Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

K1 Visa

(Fiance or Fiancee of U.S. Citizens)

Duration of Stay

You must marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the U.S. Once the marriage has taken place in the U.S., you must apply to adjust your status to permanent resident.
Note: If you have been married less than 2 years when your adjustment of status is granted, You would initially receive a two-year conditional residence and would have to file additional paperwork later for removal of conditions on your residence.


Your unmarried, minor children derive K-2 nonimmigrant visa status from you as long as the children are named in the K1 US fiance visa petition. A separate petition is not required if the children accompany or follow you within one year from the date of issuance of the K1 visa. Thereafter, a separate immigrant visa petition is required. They may also be eligible to take up employment during their stay in the U.S. They may seek permanent residence based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen.

K-1 vs K-3 Visa Dilemma: When
and Where to Marry

Take the first step toward marrying your loved one.


Services offered by VisaPro

Our experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for your K1 visa application. Our services include:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances
Confirmation that the K1 visa is appropriate for you
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your K1 visa application
Checklist of documents that you need for your K1 visa
Accurate preparation of your K1 visa application
Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview, and what to expect
Online access to your case status
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney
Fast, easy and secure processing through your personal online VisaPro account

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Can I Get Married On a Tourist Visa to a US Citizen?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.