Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Filing H1B LCA and H1B Petition


Filing the H1B LCA (Labor Condition Application)

The Labor Condition Application or Attestation is filed on DOL Form ETA-9035 and is submitted through the DOL iCERT website

The employer must attest to the Department of Labor that:

The wage level offered to you (the H1B employee) is greater of the actual wage level paid to all other individuals similarly employed at the place of employment, or the prevailing wage for the occupation in the area of employment is based on the best information available
The working conditions offered to you will not adversely affect other workers similarly employed. Working conditions commonly refer to matters "including hours, shifts, vacation periods, and fringe benefits"
There is no strike or lockout in the occupational classification at the place of employment
A notice has been provided to the bargaining representative if any, or posted a notice that a labor condition application has been filed. The notice must be posted in two or more conspicuous places for a ten-day period and shall contain certain information

Your employer may file an H1B LCA electronically through the DOL iCERT website

An employer with physical disabilities that prevent them from filing electronically may submit written request to file the LCA by mail. Only upon approval of the written request can an employer use the mail.

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Filing the H1B Petition

An H1B petition is filed on USCIS Form I-129, along with the
Form I-129H supplement and the approved Labor Condition Application (LCA) Form ETA-9035 from the U.S. Department of Labor. Your H1B petition must include:
Evidence that the proposed employment qualifies as a specialty occupation
Evidence that you have the required degree by submitting either:
A copy of your U.S. baccalaureate or higher which is required by the specialty occupation
A copy of your foreign degree and evidence it is equivalent to a U.S. degree
Evidence of experience and education, which is equivalent to the U.S. baccalaureate degree
A copy of any required licenses or other official permission to practice the occupation in the state of intended employment
A copy of any written contract between you and your employer, and a summary of the terms of the oral agreement under which you will be employed

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
H1B Visas - 12 Common Myths and Realities
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.