Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

F1 Visa

(Academic or Language Students)
The F1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for international students who are qualified to attend a full course of study at colleges, universities, conservatories, academic high schools (subject to strict regulations) and institutions with language-training programs in the U.S.


Benefits of the F1 Visa

You can enter the U.S. as a fulltime academic or language student
You can legally work part-time on-campus. You may also work off-campus if circumstances change after entry and it becomes necessary
You are eligible to take up employment as a part of your optional practical training
You can travel in and out of the U.S. or remain in the U.S. till the completion of your studies
You can bring your dependents (spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21) to live with you in the U.S.
F1 visas are issued quickly

Studying In The U.S. - F, M, and J Visa Options

Find out the most suitable visa to study in USA.


Requirements for the F1 Visa

To be eligible for an F1 visa, you must prove that:
You have successfully completed a course of study normally required for enrollment
You have been accepted for a full course of study by an educational institution approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The institution must send you a USCIS Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status for Academic and Language Students
You are sufficiently proficient in English to pursue the intended course of study, or the school you intend to attend has made special arrangements to teach you the English language or conduct the course in your native language
Note: You may be exempt from this requirement if you intend to come to the U.S. to participate exclusively in an English language-training program
You have sufficient funds to cover the first year of study, and access to sufficient funds to cover subsequent years
You have a permanent residence in your home country, which you do not intend to abandon
You intend to depart the U.S. upon completion of the course of study. You may establish this by presenting evidence of economic, social and/or family ties in your homeland sufficient to induce you to leave the U.S. upon completion of studies
Your proposed education in the U.S. would be useful in your homeland, and therefore induce you to leave the U.S. upon completion of studies
1 2 3

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
F1 OPT to H1B Change of Status: Follow These Simple Steps
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering