Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

E-1 Visa Full Service

(Everything you need to establish your new office in the U.S.)
The E-1 Treaty Trader visa is one of the options available to nationals of a country that maintains treaties of navigation and commerce with the U.S. for E-1 visa purposes to open up a new office in the United States.


Benefits of E-1 visa for ‘New Office’

You may legitimately come to the U.S. as an E-1 trader for establishing a new company to conduct trade between the U.S. and your home country
You can freely travel in and out of the U.S. while on a valid E-1 Visa
You can stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain valid E-1 status
You may bring your dependents (spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21) to live with you in the U.S.
Your spouse may seek employment by applying for an
employment authorization document

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Requirements for the E-1 Visa

To qualify for the E-1 visa, you must fulfill the following requirements:

You must be a national of a treaty country

You must be a national of a country that maintains treaties of navigation and commerce with the U.S. for E-1 visa purposes.
Treaty countries currently include: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, South Korea, Latvia, Liberia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, the United Kingdom and Yugoslavia.

Trading firm must belong to the treaty country

The trading firm for which you are coming to the U.S. must have the nationality of the treaty country.

The trade must be substantial

The international trade between your home country and the U.S. must be ‘substantial' in the sense that there is a sizable and continuing volume of trade. More than 50 per cent of the international trade involved must be between the U.S. and your home country.
Note: Trade means the international exchange of goods, services and technology. The item of trade, and title of that item, must pass from one party to the other in exchange for consideration.

You must be employed in supervisory or executive capacity, or possess specialized skills

You must be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm. Ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify.

You must have Control of Funds and Bear the Risk of Investment

You must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise only are not considered to be at risk.
1 2

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Setting Up a Company in US - Choosing L1 Visa or E Visa
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.