Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

E-1 Visa Full Service

(Everything you need to establish your new office in the U.S.)

Applying for the E-1 US Visa

To apply for an E-1 US visa, you must first establish that the trading enterprise meets the requirements of the law. You may also be required to provide evidence demonstrating that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary.
Your E-1 US visa application must include:
DOS Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
DOS Form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader / Investor Application
DOS Form DS-157, Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, for all male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45
A copy of your passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page
Two identical color photographs showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member
Proof of one year of trading activity
Your curriculum vitae
Evidence that you will be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm
Evidence of remittance to the U.S. (bank drafts, transfers exchange permits or receipts.)
Evidence of establishment of business in the U.S. (articles of incorporation, partnership agreement, organization and staffing charts, shares, titles, contracts, receipts, licenses or leases)
Evidence of the nationality of the investors/traders (passports, articles of incorporation of parent company or stock exchange listings)
Evidence of trade between the U.S. and the treaty country (invoices, bills of lading, customs clearances, warehouse receipts, shipping receipts, sales receipts or contracts)
Evidence that the business is a real, operating enterprise (annual reports, catalogs, sales literature, news articles, and other evidence as appropriate)

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Duration of Stay

The E-1 US visa, initially, is generally issued for a five-year period. You can obtain E-1 status extensions for up to two years at a time from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Since there is no limit on the number of extensions you may obtain, you can stay in the U.S. indefinitely.

Spouses and Children

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join you in the U.S. for the duration of your stay can apply for E-1 visas. Your spouse may also be eligible to take up employment during his/her stay in the U.S. by applying for an employment authorization document.

Services offered by VisaPro

Finding your way in a foreign land can be quite challenging. Various questions confront you… Where should I establish my business? Should I incorporate in Delaware, New York, Nevada or the place where I will be active? How will I take care of incorporation if I am not physically present in the U.S.? How do I know whom I can trust in a foreign land?
VisaPro can answer all your questions. We deliver multiple services across multiple locations and are able to work with you regardless of your physical location. VisaPro gives the right tools to companies expanding their operations into the United States.
In addition to processing your immigration visa petition, VisaPro also handles the formation of your new business in the U.S., and helps you lease office space:

Company Formation

VisaPro offers formation packages for corporations and LLCs in all states, making this important business step easy and affordable for you. We will assist you in selecting the appropriate business type for your operations, generate all legal documents you need, prepare the Articles of Incorporation and file them with the Secretary of State, and also advise you on various other matters that may affect your business.

Office Space Leasing

The regulations require that a new company applying for E-1 visas has a physical office space in the United States. Further to the registration and formation of your company, we also help you lease office space that meets your business requirements.

Government Clearances and Statutory Registrations

VisaPro assists you with the government clearances that may be involved in the process of formation of your business entity in the United States. VisaPro also provides advice on how to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for your company; however, you need to apply directly to the IRS to obtain the EIN.

E-1 Visa Application

VisaPro accepts end-to-end responsibility allowing you to focus solely on the operation of your business. As soon as your US business entity is formed and the office space is leased, our experienced immigration attorneys will prepare all the required documents for your E-1 petition for filing with the USCIS or the U.S. Consulate.
VisaPro's immigration service includes:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances
Confirmation that the E-1 visa is appropriate for you
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your E-1 visa application
Checklist of documents that you need for your E-1 visa application
Accurate preparation of your E-1 visa application
Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview, and what to expect
Online access to your case status
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney
Fast, easy and secure processing through your personal online VisaPro account

Consular Process

Once your enterprise is registered with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for E-1 visa purposes, VisaPro will assist you and your dependants in obtaining the visas at the U.S. consulate. Our experienced immigration attorneys will prepare the complete package for your consular interview and also advise you on how to handle the interview with the consular officer.
Our ability to deliver fast, easy and economical service has helped VisaPro build a well-earned reputation of trust and efficiency within the business immigration community.

Additional Services

At very competitive prices, VisaPro also provides you with various additional services, including:
Identifying vendors and service providers
Infrastructure guidance
Setting up of communication networks
Arranging immediate manpower

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Setting Up a Company in US - Choosing L1 Visa or E Visa
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.