Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

E1 Visa

(Treaty Traders)

Applying for the E1 US Visa

To apply for an E1 US visa, you must first establish that the trading enterprise meets the requirements of the law. You may also be required to provide evidence demonstrating that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary.
Your E1 US visa application must include:
DOS Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
DOS Form DS-156E, Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader / Investor Application
A copy of your passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page
Color photograph showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member
Proof of one year of trading activity
Your curriculum vitae
Evidence that you will be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm
Evidence of remittance to the U.S. (bank drafts, transfers exchange permits or receipts.)
Evidence of establishment of business in the U.S. (articles of incorporation, partnership agreement, organization and staffing charts, shares, titles, contracts, receipts, licenses or leases)
Evidence of the nationality of the investors/traders (passports, articles of incorporation of parent company or stock exchange listings)
Evidence of trade between the U.S. and the treaty country (invoices, bills of lading, customs clearances, warehouse receipts, shipping receipts, sales receipts or contracts)
Evidence that the business is a real, operating enterprise (annual reports, catalogs, sales literature, news articles, and other evidence as appropriate)

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Duration of Stay

The E1 US visa, initially, is generally issued for a five-year period. E1 Visa holders are generally granted 2 year of authorized stay upon entry into the U.S. You can obtain E1 status extensions for up to two years at a time from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Since there is no limit on the number of extensions you may obtain, you can stay in the U.S. indefinitely.

Spouses and Children

Spouses and/or children under the age of 21 who wish to accompany or join you in the U.S. for the duration of your stay can apply for E1 visas. Your spouse may also be eligible to take up employment during his/her stay in the U.S. by applying for an employment authorization document.

Services offered by VisaPro

Our experienced immigration attorneys will prepare and file all the required documents for your E1 visa application. Our services include:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances
Confirmation that the E1 visa is appropriate for you
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your E1 visa application
Checklist of documents that you need for your E1 visa application
Accurate preparation of your E1 visa application
Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview, and what to expect
Online access to your case status
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney
Fast, easy and secure processing through your personal online VisaPro account

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Setting Up a Company in US - Choosing L1 Visa or E Visa
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.