Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Apply for Adjustment of Status


Applying for Adjustment of Status in US

If you would like to become a lawful permanent resident in the U.S., you must file the following documents with the USCIS:
Note: All foreign language documents must be accompanied by full English translations which the translator has certified as complete and correct, and by the translator's certification that he/she is competent to translate the foreign language into English.
USCIS Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Your application must be properly signed and filed with the correct fee. If you are under 14 years of age, your parent or guardian may sign your application.
USCIS Form I-485 Supplement A, if additional fee requirements apply to you. Required only if filing under §245(i)
USCIS Form G-325A, Biographic Data Sheet, if you are between the ages of 14 and 79
USCIS Form I-693 Medical Examination Sheet. This requirement may not apply to you if you are applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical check based on a fiancee visa

Working, Living And Studying In USA: 127 Different Visas

Insider's visa guide to working, investing or moving to U.S. for an extended period of time

USCIS Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (completed by the sponsor). This is required only for family-based petitions and certain employment-based petitions
USCIS Form I-765, Authorization for Employment, if you seek employment while your case is processed
Copy of the USCIS Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Document issued upon admission into the U.S.
Copy of the approval notice sent by the USCIS, if your immigration petition has been approved
Copy of your passport.
Copy of the fiancee petition approval notice and a copy of your marriage certificate, if you were admitted into the U.S. as a fiancee of a U.S. citizen and married that citizen within the required 90 days
If you are an asylee or refugee, copy of the letter or USCIS Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Document that shows the date you were granted asylum or refugee status
If you are a Cuban citizen or native, evidence of your citizenship or nationality
If you have been a continuous resident of the U.S. since before January 1, 1972, you must submit evidence showing that you entered the U.S. prior to January 1, 1972 and that you have lived in the U.S. continuously since your entry
If your parent became a lawful permanent resident after you were born, you must submit evidence that your parent has been or will be granted permanent residence. You must also submit proof of your relationship with your parent
If your spouse became a lawful permanent resident after you were married, you must submit evidence that your spouse has been granted permanent residence. You must also submit a copy of your marriage certificate and proof that any previous marriages entered into by you or your spouse were legally terminated
A copy of your foreign birth certificate or other record of your birth that meets the provisions of secondary evidence found in 8 CFR 103.2(b)(2)
Two identical color photographs as per the following specifications:
Taken within 30 days of filing the application
Showing full face (passport style) and with your head bare (unless you are wearing a headdress as required by a religious order of which you are a member)
Has a white background and be no larger than 2 X 2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches
Glossy, un-mounted, un-retouched and printed on thin paper
Note: Lightly print your A# (or your name if you have no A#) on the back of each photo, using a pencil.

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.